As an executive or manager, coaching can provide you with the opportunity for professional growth and the confidence to face challenges. It can seem impossible to allocate time for self development among the demands of a leadership role. Through coaching you take the time to focus on your needs, and are required to be fully present in the session without distractions. The coach offers a sounding board and facilitates the learning process, so that you gain insight and awareness. You develop constructive action plans and you are challenged to follow through on those plans.
Goals of executive coaching can include:
- Improved leadership skills
- Improved self-confidence and personal effectiveness
- Enhanced delegation and time management skills
- Clarification of goals and priorities
- Improved communication skills, including the ability to have difficult conversations and to give and receive feedback
- Developing strategic planning skills
- Reduced stress and improved work/life balance.
Many people are dissatisfied with their career for one reason or another, but unsure how to make changes or what to do next. Coaching can assist you to find a new direction or learn to proactively manage your career. During the coaching process you will articulate your values, strengths and skills, and identify the career choices best suited to these.
Career coaching can assist you if you are:
- Looking to proactively build your career in your current organisation or industry
- Wanting to change career but not sure where to begin
- Ready to make a change but needing a plan to help you get there
- Experiencing redundancy.